My Bibliography

Monday, 16 January 2012

Glutton for Punishment? Nah... it's a pleasure to write a sequel now that I've kicked my amateur self to the curb!

Okay, since finishing Prickly Scots Pt II, sitting around wondering what to do next; thinking 'what do I want to write?' and feeling a tad lost, actually, has resulted in me realising that I should be riding the momentum of having been so intensely involved in the Prickly Scots world recently.  And so I have come up with a new concept for a brand new book; the first chapter now already written to fuel where it might soar to ( I write as I go, no plans, it just comes and ends up writing itself; one word leading to the next).

This book however, will be easier to write; not having to edit my amateur self from years ago like I had to with Pts I and II, and not having to feel the kind of pressure I felt to have to get those done.  No, I'm very much looking forward to this one; excited in a way that I haven't been with Pricklys for the longest time because its all going to be brand new stuff; the biggest thing not having to correct all of my work like I had to do with the other two - although - I rather think that without having gone through all of that, any skill I might currently have, might not be quite as evolved.

Also, the sequel won't be as lengthy.  No, I look at Pts I & II (over 403,000 words) as the pilot if you like, any sequels (as were always planned right from the start) will be more conducive to a normal sized novel, maybe around 100,000 - 150,000 words or so, still long, for it wouldn't be Pricklys without the richness.

Lots of new elements in this from the get go; you might be surprised!  Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.